Cultural competency is not enough. Trauma-informed care alone, won’t work. Becoming anti-racist and/or anti-oppressive is a big step in the right direction, but we still fall short. If we are serious about true social change, we must commit to decolonization and focus on liberation. To liberate means to break free from oppression. Freedom is individual, but liberation is collective.
But you knew this already. That’s why you’re here. You can see the collective harm, and you can feel the weight of the work, it’s not easy. The truth is… too many of us are on the brink of burnout. This work requires envisioning and embodiment; a commitment to centering ancestral and present day narratives of those often silenced. We must return to presence.
PREVIOUS CLIENTS INCLUDE
Consulting & Training
I support organizations in understanding what it means to adopt an anti-oppressive, liberatory existence in brave space. Through relationship cultivation (and humor), I teach ancient and modern healing technologies that honor everyone’s humanity. I show professionals, leaders, and community folks how to hold healing circles supported by data and fortified in universal wisdom.
It Could Look Like This...
- Virtual or in-person training that address underlying challenges
- Restorative group facilitation and mediation
- Specialized coaching for leadership, caucuses or teams in your organization
- Contemplative/Mind-Body Medicine Skills groups for capacity building
- Training in or execution of my curricula for addressing gendered, racialized traumas specific to communities of color
“Shawna’s mind-body medicine workshops and small groups have been an integral part of our Capacity Building program for over 2 years. Shawna works to meet our constituents exactly where they are, and leads them gently along a path for forgiveness, acceptance, and healing. It has been a joy to offer her work to our organizations, and also to hear the overwhelmingly positive feedback from attendees.”
Sabrina Thornton, T. Rowe Price Foundation
I am enthusiastic, thought-provoking and down to earth. I listen intently to your organizational vision and tailor a powerful experience. When I keynote your event, your audience will be sure to leave with concrete tools to improve their entire life, personal and professional. My workshops, healing circles, and lectures ...
- Inspire visioning a world beyond cultural competence and inclusivity, to cultivating anti-colonial awareness and commitment to equity
- Guide you to presence, honoring your existence and the wisdom in the now
- Model authenticity and vulnerability as a tool for conscious connection
- Offer actionable steps to get you and your team to transform
Most Requested Topics
Decolonizing Mental Health Care
Return to Presence: Self-Care for the Passionate Professional
How to #HealASista: A Grassroots Approach to Helping Black Women
Coping Outside the Box: Methods and Insights for Healing Generations
"Shawna Murray-Browne took the time to understand the event, the complexities and opportunities. She created an opening session that set the tone for the event to be a stellar experience. Participants gave credit to the opening session personally and professionally, and they say this convening is the best one to date. I appreciate Shawna's openness, critical thinking, and empathetic professionalism. Kindred Wellness will definitely be an ongoing partner for our teams."
Sonya M.N. Marbley, Planned Parenthood Federation of America